Which is the Best bariatric surgery in Beverly Hills?

bariatric surgery beverly hills

In the US almost half of Americans are experiencing a condition called obesity means significantly overweight people. So with obesity, people find it difficult to work, maintain the house, and even take care of themselves to the extent that they might end up giving up their dream career as well. We know that losing significant weight takes great effort, commitment, and patience. So today, we will talk about the best bariatric surgery in Beverly Hills

Furthermore, significantly obese people are suffering from many diseases that are related to being significantly overweight. Those diseases are as follows:

  • Heart disease and stroke
  • Obstructive sleep apnea
  • Osteoarthritis (joint pain)
  • High blood pressure
  • Type 2 diabetes
  • NAFLD and NASH

Bariatric surgery

Bariatric surgery is a weight loss procedure that can do wonders for those who are significantly obese and whose BMI (body mass index) is 30 or above 30. The main objective of this procedure is to make your stomach smaller surgically. This is because; if your stomach is smaller you easily get fuller faster. So, you will start losing weight without needing much effort.

However, to undergo this bariatric surgery you first need to be physically and mentally fine to be a suitable candidate for this procedure. Also, you will undergo different examinations and tests. This will help in determining which type of bariatric surgery will be beneficial for you.

Types of bariatric surgery

There are 4 types of bariatric surgery. They are as follows:

  • Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty

This bariatric procedure is a new type of weight loss procedure that involves minimally invasive. In this procedure, the surgeon will insert a suturing device into your stomach through your throat. This suture is then used to make your stomach smaller. Thus, you will lose weight without much effort as you can now eat a little portion of food than usual.

  • Lap banding or gastric banding

This bariatric procedure uses a silicone band to put around the upper part of your stomach making a ring shape. This band is adjustable in the sense that depending on your requirement, you can loosen or tighten it. Thus, making your stomach smaller. 

  • Gastric bypass

This bariatric surgery is also called Roux-en-Y and should be pronounced as roo-en-wy. This procedure involves the creation of a new stomach that connects directly to the small intestine. This small pouch will now be your new stomach. That is, the food you eat will get stored in this pouch and then travel to the small intestine for digestion. This way will make your body absorb fewer nutrients and calories.

  • BPD-DS procedure

In this bariatric procedure, the surgeon uses two major methods. The first method is to remove 80% of your stomach. The remaining 20% will be your new small stomach. The second method is to connect the small stomach directly to the small intestine.

This bariatric surgery is the most effective procedure but this procedure has more risk and can even cause vitamin deficiencies and malnutrition. So even if this procedure is highly effective, it is performed very rarely when your BMI is over 50 or 50.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *