What is C Language?
- C is a high-level/middle-level language.
- C is a compiler-based programming language.
- It is a general-purpose language.
- It is a procedure-oriented programming language.
A high-level, procedure-oriented, structured programming language is the C programming language. High-Level Programming Language is a type of programming language that is simple to grasp and has an English-like syntax. Procedure Oriented Language is a term used to describe computer languages that facilitate the construction of modules or functions. Structured programming language is a type of language that uses blocks to implement programming in a TOP-DOWN fashion.
Dennis M. Ritchie created the general-purpose, high-level, non-exhaustive programming language C in 1972 for the aim of creating the UNIX operating system at Bell Labs. It is among the most straightforward, well-liked, and adaptable programming languages. Its origins are in the B language.
It is a structured, machine-independent programming language that is widely used today to create many kinds of applications.
Is C programming language platform-dependent?
The c executable files are platform-dependent whereas the c programmes are platform-independent. This means that a C programme can be written on any platform and can be compiled anywhere. However, once executable files are created on one platform, they cannot be run on any other platforms. For instance, if you create executable files on Windows, only Windows can run such files instead of Linus or any other operating system. To obtain executable files for that specific operating system, you must recompile the same software for Linus or any other operating system.
Why Learn C Language?
As the foundational language for many other programming languages, C was strongly advised for beginners. Once more, C was advised to comprehend fundamental programming ideas like data types, operators, control statements, and many others in a precise and obvious way. The C language’s syntax and semantics were simple to comprehend and essentially identical to those of popular modern programming languages like C++, Java, and C#. Therefore, understanding “C” as the primary language will be crucial for learning other programming languages.Simba Institute is the best training institute in Surat to provide you c language training in surat.
Is C preferred for competitive programming?
Yes, among young programmers, competitive programming has been extremely popular in recent years (Codechef, HackerRank, TopCoder, SPOJ). Companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook seek programmers with strong data structure and algorithmic skills.
Because both space and temporal complexity will be given top attention in competitive programming, C++, the C language’s replacement, is strongly advised.
When compared to contemporary programming languages, C++ operates a little quicker. C++ is an abstraction level below C. As I previously stated, C++ coding is not very difficult if you are familiar with C.
Why Has C Language Become Very Popular?
- It is a classic programming language that is simple to learn.
- The C programming language is dependable, adaptable, straightforward, and above all else, simple.
- It has a structured linguistic foundation.
- All other programming languages are regarded as descended from the C language.
- The language is where the majority of modern programming concepts are derived from.
- The majority of universities favoured including C programming in their course materials.
Advantages of C Language:
- Platform Dependent: Because the native code is the same, if we copy the.exe file to any other computer running Windows, it will function properly. But if we copy the same.exe file to another computer running UNIX or Linux, it won’t run because the native code is different. Platform Dependency is the name given to this behaviour.
- Portability: We can transport the instructions from one system to another thanks to portability.
- Simple: The grammar and code in C are fairly simple to comprehend. It makes use of keywords like main, switch, if, and otherwise. We all use this kind of keyword to find decisions in our daily lives.
- Fast: When compared to other language compilers, the C compiler is incredibly quick. 1000 lines of code can be compiled by the C compiler in a single second. Because of the reduced amount of branching, it is more effective than unstructured code.
- Readability: The readability of the C code makes maintenance simple.
- Safe: The C programme is safe.
Disadvantages of C Language:
- C++ was created because C does not have the OOPS functionality.
- The C programming language lacks runtime checking.
- No stringent type checking is used (for example we can pass an integer value for the floating data type).
- It becomes increasingly difficult to fix the flaws as the programme grows.
- Contrary to Object-Oriented Programming Languages, C does not provide namespaces, constructors and destructors, inheritance, polymorphism, abstraction, and encapsulation (OOPS).
What are the applications of C Language?
- System software applications like UNIX, Windows, Linux, and compiler designing are created in C.
- C is also utilised in the creation of numerous applications, including commercial goods.
- Mobile and embedded apps are developed using C.
- C language and hardware interact well.
- Using the C programming language, graphic frameworks are created for games on mobile and PC.
Features of C Programming Language
C is a fairly straightforward and user-friendly language that is mostly used for creating desktop-based applications. All other programming languages have their roots in C programming, either directly or indirectly. These characteristics of this language:
- It serves a variety of functions. We can create both system and application software using C.
- C is a computer language that is focused on procedures [POP].
- A robust [additional] set of operators are included with C.
- There are numerous built-in/predefined/library features in C. For instance, use printf(), scanf(), clrscr(), etc.
- User-defined functions are supported in C. For instance, use fact(), prime(), armstrong(), etc.
- allocate memory dynamically.
Characteristics of C Language
- 32 Keywords, 14 Separators, and 44 Operators are supported by C.
- The language is case-sensitive.
- A semicolon is used to conclude each C statement (;).
- The library functions available in the language are numerous.
- The programming language is structure-, procedure-, and function-oriented.
How does a C Program work?
- The source code is first created or formed (through vi or cd command in UNIX). The source file is one that is saved with the.c extension. For instance, ked.c
- The source code must be compiled in order to be checked for problems (using the cc command in UNIX or Alt+F9 in Turbo C). If there are no errors after compilation, an object file with the.o (in UNIX) or.obj extension is created (in Turbo C).
- The following step is linking the file to already-existing files (which happens automatically under UNIX after compilation), which creates executable files (.exe in Turbo c) or stored in a.out files (in UNIX, that always gets overwritten, which can be avoided by renaming the file a.out to some other name).
- The programme must then be run or executed (through./a.out in UNIX or Ctrl+F9 in Turbo C).
more : techmisha.com