Guide to Compress photo with & without Photoshop.
Who here hasn’t used Adobe Photoshop? User-specified picture processing and manipulation, including size reduction, is accomplished using the software. How exactly do I reduce the size of an image in Photoshop?
If you want to learn how to reduce the size of a picture in Photoshop, even if you’re a complete novice, this is the lesson for you.
The photo-editing capabilities of a portable version of Photoshop are very handy and allow for quick adjustments to be made in any setting.
For employment applications or other purposes, image compression is sometimes necessary. Photoshop makes it simple to reduce the file size of digital images and resize them as needed.
Compressing Images in Photoshop
While there are other methods for doing so, Photoshop is the most powerful and flexible alternative for reducing image size. Users have full control over the output size of the compressed image in this tool.
Through the Save for Web Feature:
The issue with picture compression is that it always results in a loss of quality. As a result, you’ll need to take special care while compressing images to ensure that they have sufficient quality despite their smaller size, as this is a fairly normal occurrence. Sure, if you have Photoshop, you can accomplish that and more.
Even if you have little Photoshop experience, you can easily reduce file sizes by following these steps:
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- Insert the photo you want to compress with Photoshop (CTRL + O).
- If so, click File > Export > Save for Web (ALT + SHIFT + CTRL + S at the same time).
- After that, the Save for Web window will appear, please look at the top right, and select the image quality as needed, starting from Low, Medium, High, Very High, and maximum.
- Look in the Quality section and set it so that it has a value of 50-60 so that it is not too large but can still be seen.
- Next look at the bottom left, showing the size of the photo according to the previously selected quality.
- Then look at the bottom right, which is Image Size, no need to tinker.
- Once the photo is the right size, click Save to save it.
By reducing the size of objects in Photoshop as above, the size of the photo should be smaller, but still clearly visible. However, if the size is still not small, please reset it until it has the desired size.
How to Compress Photos Without Photoshop
Many ways can be tried to compress photos, not necessarily using Photoshop. This method is suitable for beginners who are not used to using Photoshop:
How compress photos in Photoshop are easy but compressing photos on the jpegcompressor.com site is no less easy. It is just one of the many sites that can be used to reduce the size of photos.
- Open a browser and visit JPEG Compressor.
- Once the site opens, click UPLOAD FILES, find the photo you want to compress, and click Open.
- Next, the site will compress the photo automatically, and wait for the process to finish.
- When you’re done, click DOWNLOAD to save the photo.
Through this site, visitors can compress various photo formats, ranging from jpg, jpeg, PNG, and others. Everything is free, the process is fast and not up to 5 seconds. So, there is no need to worry even if you don’t have Photoshop because you can compress photos just as easily.
We hope that the information provided was helpful. If you found it useful, please consider sharing it on social media and visiting our blog again for more informative content. Your support is greatly appreciated. Also visit Techmisha.com